Tel: +66 (0) 2 679 1844 (GMT +07:00 hours)
Wayu joined Price Sanond in 2009 and became a partner in 2016. He has substantial experience advising foreign and domestic corporate clients on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, foreign direct investment and foreign business operations (FBA), mergers and acquisitions (M&A), joint ventures, restructuring, contract laws, consumer protection and competition laws (antitrust) and general government licensing and regulatory issues. He also provides legal advice to clients in respect of investment promotion (BOI), factories, warehouses, industrial estates, zoning, environmental and chemical regulations as well as real estate, labor, transport, hospitality and exchange control issues.
Wayu also from time to time conducts internal compliance investigations by working closely with foreign counsels and internal legal department of multinational corporations.
Prior to joining Price Sanond, Wayu worked for another reputable local law firm in Bangkok.
Wayu received his bachelor’s degree in law from Thammasat University in 2006 and a master’s degree in business law from Chulalongkorn University (international program) in 2008. He is fluent in both Thai and English.
- Co-Author, Thailand chapter of “Getting the Deal Through: Anti-Corruption Regulation in 50 Jurisdictions Worldwide”, United Kingdom: Law Business Research, 2013
- Co-Author, “Have the Rules Changed for Director Liability in Customs Cases?”, Thai-American Business Magazine Vol. 2/2012, The American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand, 2012
- What is the Department of Industrial Works?
- What is the Department of Business Development (DBD)?
- What is the Land Department?
- What is the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)?
- Ten Frequently Misunderstood Features of the Foreign Business Operations Act
- Activities Falling Outside The Scope of “Work” For Thai Work Permit Requirements
- Summary of International Road Carriage Act
- Employers, Employees And Social Media – Do Employees Have A Right To Privacy?
Selected Speaking Engagements
- “17 Things You Probably Did Not Know about the Foreign Business Act and How They Can Affect Your Bottom Line”, The American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand, Bangkok, 28 October 2013.